Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sitting waiting wishing


...that you finnally are the next one in line. I don't think anyone likes waiting rooms, exspecially when you have to go to the doctor. Thursday was just one of those days. I just needed a medicine that I have to take, because I have a inherited some minor disfunctions, but nothing very serious. Just something that can be a problem for me in my further life, if I don't react to it right now.
Anyway, I was there, sitting there for a full hour, and my eyes always went from one other patient to the other, trying to think about what kind of problem they have. You think that sounds stupid? You might be right, but somehow reading those magazines about "high society" or those normal magazines about diseases just drive me crazy. I don't wanna feel that old already to think about what diseases I could have when I don't this and that...nobody is meant to live forever, anyway. What also is something that is always funny to see, is that how different the decoration of those rooms are, or even how the office/investigation area looks like. My doc has a lot of Star Trek stuff in his office everywhere on the wall or as a picture...

One other funny thing is, everytime when you are finnally the next in line, you still have to wait for another 10 minutes for the doc to show up. It is just on of those little phenomenons in life that I might never understand...

Comic found here (german)
(The woman says "..anyone else some ice cream?")

2 comments:

gorgeoux said...

Wouldn't it be great if they gave you icecream while waiting? If they treated you like a child? We're all children when we wait for the doc.

DaColt said...

yeah, wouldn't be that bad of an idea...thought the people would go to the doc for minor reasons, but all the trouble while waiting would be gone^^