Thursday, March 09, 2006

Music in the radio


I have a little hobby that I take with me since I started accedently. It is moderating a radio on the internet. I startet somehow around 2000-2001, when somekind of a new provider for radios just showed off. It was pretty new, the whole idea was a sensation. You could register for free at the beginning and broadcast for a limited amount of people (I guess it was 16) and limited quality (max 64kbps). Friends started to listen to it and spreaded it around the net, people started to recognize me for a while. The day came and the whole radio became a money thing, you couldn't send private for your friends, because then you would have a pirat channel, these days you have to pay here for GEMA and stuff like that (when you send from germany) to have a real internet radio. So, I came to the point where I couldn't go on with my radio on my very own. I looked for a good radio crew I could hook up with, but most of those radios were just too unreal and with too many stupified rules. I remember one or 2 went inactive when I left and others followed.
But for the first time in my life now, I have a good radio crew I hooked up with, and I have to say it was the best choice I made so far (when it comes to internet radios). I have one show where I broadcast at least once a week every thursday. It is a simple wishbox show with moderation with myself, but the special thing about it is, that the listeners create the radio with their wishes and greetings, so it doesn't feel so distanted like a normal radio where they talk about people who are far away^^

maybe you wanna tune in? contact me in ICQ or YIM
Link to the (german) internet radio I'm part of here
Photo found here

No comments: