Monday, March 13, 2006

crazy weekend


Even thought its over I have to think what had happend then. We were just returning from shopping from Duesseldorf, on this snowy saturday evening. I was driving the car, my mother and brother sitting in the back, with nothing special in mind when suddendly this traffic jam infront of us appeared from no where. The funny thing was, that this street was no big street where serveral streets come together, it was just a simple street in the industril area. It was snowing a little bit, and it was pretty dark already, when those cars just couldn't drive up that hill...I couldn't tell why, until I drove just a little bit on that little hill and slipped a little bit to the side, it was undoubtly ice. All streets in my town and around them were frozen. A situation that in my area just happens just every 50 years.
So I tryed to drive up that hill, but as hard as I tryed I couldn't get this car drive in the right direction. I took me some time to figure out that I had to accelerate very slowly and hold a certain speed, something between 10 and 20 km/h. The problem was, that you had do keep on driving to have a controlable drive, so everytime we had to stop for a red traffic sign, there was a chance that we spin around if you gave to much power to the paddle.
The result was, we came home without a scratch after driving for about something less than an hour for a 10 minute way. Thought my veins were running full of adrenaline, I felt just like a very intensive situation, a very long intensive situation...so far my biggest challenge in handling a car^^

Photo made by myself with Sony Ericsson k750i

2 comments:

gorgeoux said...

That was a challenge you handled adorably. Well done :) Adrenaline can be awesome if used properly ;)

DaColt said...

yeah, my father told me to pull the car to the side of the road and wait until the situation was clearer...afterwards it turned out that it took a while until that area was cleared, and serveral more crashes happend. so if I had stayed there, it would have been possible that someone could have crashed into our car, my mother would have gone insane^^